Digital Image Processing Tutorial provides basic and advanced concepts of Image Processing. Our Digital Image Processing Tutorial is designed for beginners and professionals both.
Digital Image Processing is used to manipulate the images by the use of algorithms. For processing digital images the most common software that used widely is Adobe Photoshop.
Our Digital Image Processing Tutorial includes all topics of Digital Image Processing such as introduction, computer graphics, signals, photography, camera mechanism, pixel, transaction, types of Images, etc.
What is Digital Image Processing (DIP)?
Digital Image Processing (DIP) is a software which is used to manipulate the digital images by the use of computer system. It is also used to enhance the images, to get some important information from it.
It is also used in the conversion of signals from an image sensor into the digital images. A certain number of algorithms are used in image processing.
Digital Image Processing
Digital Image Processing is a software which is used in image processing. For example: computer graphics, signals, photography, camera mechanism, pixels, etc.
Digital Image Processing provides a platform to perform various operations like image enhancing, processing of analogue and digital signals, image signals, voice signals etc.
The following tasks are possible with digital image processing.
Zooming, blurring, sharpening, grayscale conversion, edges detection, Image identification, and Image retrieval are some of the frequent uses of Image sharpening and restoration.
Medical field: Gamma-ray imaging, PET scan, X-Ray Imaging, Medical CT, UV imaging, and other medical sector uses are common.
Remote sensing is the process of scanning the earth using satellites and recognising all space activity.
Machine/Robot vision: It works with robots’ vision to help them perceive things, recognise them, and so on.
- Digital Image Processing Characteristics
- It makes use of software, some of which is free.
- It gives you clean images.
- Image enhancement is used in digital image processing to retrieve info from images.
- It is widely employed in a variety of fields.
- It makes digital image processing less complicated.
- It’s utilised to help people have a better living experience.
Digital Image Processing Benefits
- Reconstruction of an image (CT, MRI, SPECT, PET)
- Reformatting of images (Multi-plane, multi-view reconstructions)
- Image storage and retrieval is quick.
- Image distribution that is both quick and high-quality.
- Viewing under strict supervision (windowing, zooming)
Digital Image Processing’s Drawbacks
- It takes a long time to complete.
- Depending on the system, it can be quite expensive.
- It is possible to use qualified individuals.